Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My Favorite Things Card Challenge #368 with MFT Mermaizing

I started looking at challenges again, 
I came across a MFT Blog Challenge sketch
you can see it here :


When I saw this sketch I took out Mermazing Stamp set.
Related image
I done have the dies so I cut most by hand, 
sometimes they look good, sometimes just OK....

Here is what I came up with - 
sorry the picture looked a little washed out.
I took the photos in the sun today trying to get a better
picture, I guess that didn't work!

none the less here is my card:

I have coloured the mermaids all different colours, 
this time I coloured her like Ariel.
I cut my first layer to look like the base of the sketch.

Instead of adding a circle I cut one out with a die.
Under the first layer I used distress ink to make water
with Peacock Feather & Broken China.

In the hole left I could lift my images up with different 
height pop-dots & square.
I like to keep different brands on hand as they have 
different thicknesses and heights.


Here is a photo from my desk - 
the colour is a bit different under my Ott light.

All in all I really like the way it turned out - 
Thanks for the sketch!!

1 comment:

  1. So CUTE!! I have this set too! hahahaha You need to get a Scan N Cut machine - it totally cuts around those stamps - then no more fussy cutting!! It will also will save you money in the long run of not having to buy the matching dies! Just a thought -- Check out Youtube for videos on the machine - the cost varies (depending on where you purchase it from)- But most crafters see that machine as an investment - I've totally got my monies worth out of my machine from not buying the matching dies to the stamps! :)

    On Another note -- Your card is so cute.. I like that sketch and your coloring!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.