Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas

Well I have made it through the hectic Christmas season ...

Christmas Eve we go to my In Laws for gifts,
Then we have dinner with that side of the family & 
get to see all of his aunts & uncle & cousins,
we should see them more - but we just don't
Something to aim for this year ....

I usually bring an appetizer and something snacky
but this year a desert was requested 
so I looked up a few,
I thought perhaps something traditional / Polish
but didn't find anything I could make with a day to go

So I combine 3 recipes -

A Peppermint / Oreo Cream
Homemade Coffee Brownie 
Old School Thick Pudding





Not alot of people ate it, but my father in law loved it 
& when my husband came from work 
( knowing how much time it took)
ate two helpings and raved the entire time ....
That is one of the reasons we are married ;)

I also made a small one for Christmas day,
Friends of ours have been spending Christmas Day with 
us for more years that I realized - 
The boys met in JK so we started our tradition in Sk and they are 
now in grade 10.  Christmas wouldnt be the same with out 
out Christmas meal with them .... and they gobbled it up ;)

Ok next thing I had going on that 
turned out to cute not to share was some homemade
Fudge that I have started to make 
my Brother in Law for holidays....
I am an only child and because we have worked together
( well me for him, even though he doesn't make it feel like that )
I feel like he is my brother not Scotts... lol

Anyway he has a sweet tooth & shared once that fudge was his fav

How cute did his packaged turn out!!
He got peppermint, eggnog & walnut

& My family has enjoyed the remainder of each pan ;)

Oh my - now that I am blogging more I feel like I have to catch you all up on 
so much !!  Yesturday ( Boxing Day ) Scott & headed out to look at a TV 
& came home with more than we planned .... 
a 60" Samsung Smart TV


It was so nice to have a TV with colour - 
as our tv has been broken for 2 years.  So we enjoyed our
next tradition - Boxing day with the Turbide Family
with a new TV & they have us addicted to a new show called 
Face Off - Check it out - 
There was a marathon so we PVR the show - Taylor even loves it 

We finished the evening with Serge &  I dominating Family Feud!

Then today -
Tay returned to gymnastics - They had a Christmas Break following 
a Huge competition in Minneapolis where she place 3rd Over All

Here she is with her teammates after
She is the one directly behind the 5 Snowman 

And Garett went to the rink this morning to Help 
one of his old coached with a Novice HNO Defense Camp
& a hockey game to follow tonight...

Scott works night all weekend & I am going to try to 
have a movie night Sat & Sun  with two friends...

Hope you all had a merry Christmas & 
were surrounded by Family & Friends



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy, but lovely holiday :)
    You dessert looks delicious and oh so pretty.
    I love fudge as well…didn't make any this year though….I downsized this year, lol.

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.