Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Have a Sublime Birthday

I had a down night while all of the kids were busy 
so I sat down & started to play with a few
new sets I got in the spring.

 With school starting soon we will 
need cards for Birthday parties.

The main stamp set I used is the Lawn Fawn You Are Sublime, 
The Bayou Backdrop die & some bubbles from Fintastic Friends.

I used the Mama Elephant Trio of Waves die and
 Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers & Broken China to make waves.
I then used the Peacock feather ink to make bubbles.
I used Crystal Effects on the mask & on the windows of the sub
& on the bubbles.  I also used a black glaze pen to make the fish eyes.

The scuba diver is popped up on a double foam dot, 
the sub is popped up and one green & one orange fish.
I cut two layers of green from the Bayou die and put the dark over 
the light just on the bottom. 

I love the added detail that the glaze, crystal effects & layers give the card.

Here are the supplies I used to make the card.
  bayou backdrop      

I also an entering the following blog challenges:
there are links for each one to play along.





Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE your scene!!! The bubbles look awesome... I also like the glaze & crystal effects... adds so much dimension to your scene!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love the underwater scene you created!! It's so amazing, Lesli!! The dimension you achieved is so fabulous!! I love the fishies and the scuba diver and the sub and everything!! It's so fun!! You used a Lawn Fawn die so you should link up at Scrapy Land, too!! (http://www.scrapyland-blog.com/) Have a great day, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lisa - I didn't see the die in the store at first but the rules say the brand - so thanks I will enter!! I always love a new challenge -
      I always love another challenge - especial now that I will be getting back at it a bit more with the weather cooling off and the oldest headed back to Hockey.

      Delete
  3. Your underwater scene is ADORABLE! The elements of shine add sooo much dimension! Thanks for sharing and playing along at SUNDAY STAMPS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and gorgeous underwater scene! Love our colors showing off your cute little diver and fish - so fun! And LOVE those bubbles! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Love the fun colors and the fantastic images, perfect use of those colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work on this card!! Just stunning. Great coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - this is totally adorable! I love the scene you created. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland this week!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.