Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dryden Ice Dogs Moving On ...

If you follow my Blog at all you know that I am a Hockey Mom.

My Oldest son Garett Plays for the Dryden GM Ice Dogs.  It is a Jr A team.


The had a fantastic year & broke a few franchise records, 
and can be a force to be reckoned  with on the ice. 
All in all they are all a good group of boys who give back and are active
in the town at schools, events & running PA Day camps.


They entered the Semi Finals against the Fort Frances Lakers.
The had an amazing series taking the Lakers in a 4 Game Sweep.


At game one of the series they had a poster contest 
to decorate the arena.  I wasn't able to go but I sent my 
little guy & hubby with a few posters none the less.


Alex has to be the biggest fan of Garett & owns most of the Dryden gear.
He is always cheer ready.


He even has his own set of team cards!




They didn't win but that didn't stop Alex & Garett's Billet 
sisters from making a few more the next day for Garett & 
the other boy, Chris Atanis, who also lives in the house.



our last name is Giertuga, Garett's nic name is Gurtz, 
my daughter is called T Gurtz 
& little Alex is Little Gurtz or baby Gurtz.

After winning the first 2 games in Dryden - 
Alex & UI headed to my home town of Fort Frances for game three, 
signs, hoodies & cheers in tote.

He treats all of the players as if they were his team and
is there to support them when ever we can be.



When we were there, we were given a copy of the local paper from the week previous, 
I have to say I proud to see him make the local paper!
My aunt works there so I am sure she had a hand in it! Thanks Auntie!



Well Guys I better end the post before it becomes too long - 

the next series begins April 14 & 15.
I am supposed to have a crop on the 15th, which I will be at, Unless Scott gets the 
weekend off - which not likely.
I love my scrappy friends but these are his first Jr A playoffs & 
and I have learned to quickly they grow up fast & 
the day is gone all to soon.

Make amazing memories with the people you love today!










3 comments:

  1. And a proud hockey mom you are..with every reason to be :)
    Love the signs and love how much Alex looks up to his big brother....just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post :) you are his biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome for him and you as his mom! These are those special moments! Enjoy each one of them!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.